Subject: re:msvc dll and gcc
From: [email-masked] (Bijan Tuysserkani)

18 Jul 1997 09:24:07 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.1 (32)
Original-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

>-----------------------------------------------------------------
>foo.c : source file for dll, compiled with msvc4.2
>
>#include "stdio.h"
>
>__declspec(dllexport) void myhello()
>{
>	printf("hello world\n");
>}
>-----------------------------------------------------------------
>-----------------------------------------------------------------
>foo.def : 
>
>LIBRARY foo
>EXPORTS
>myhello@0
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I got everything compiled by omitting the @0 in the .def file. 
This is the same way as in the cygwin.din file. 
But how do you deal with that issue, if you do not build the dll 
file by yourself? In this case, as far as I know, each function gets
exported with a leading underscore before the function name and @n afterwards.

However, if I try to execute footest, I get an application error from
windows NT :

The instruction at "0x0252bac6" referenced memory at "0x100476c0". The memory
could not be "written".

Click on OK ........etc

I just want to print something out , I do not write anything. What do I
have to
do to make that thing run?

Thanks,

	Bijan
                                                          /\
                                                  .  /\  /  \
------------------------------------------------ / \/  \/    \
Bijan Tuysserkani                               /      /      \
Qualcomm Inc.                                                  \
5450 Western Ave.                             
Boulder, CO  80301                        (303) 473-6852 (voice)
[email-masked]                     (303) 473-6665 (fax)

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".