Subject: W95 configure with Sergeys new cygwin.dll
From: [email-masked] (Tony FITZPATRICK)

17 Jul 1997 15:01:04 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked] (Unverified)
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 1.5.2
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi All
        I am trying to build a native (W95+SP1 on a P100) cygwin.dll with
Sergeys binaries (16/July/97) installed. I copied cygwin.dll, libcygwin.a,
ps.exe and bash.exe to the relevant places and copied bash.exe to sh.exe and
copied this to /bin. For some perverse reason I decided to reconfigure in
winsup so I cleaned up and then ran "configure". The configure runs for an
indetermine time and then blocks completely eventually forcing a reboot.
This happened four times in four attempts but not always at the same point
in the configure. The following messages are extracted from one of the
config.log files

checking whether gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking host system type... i386-pc-cygwin32
checking target system type... i386-pc-cygwin32
checking build system type... i386-pc-cygwin32
updating cache .././config.cache
creating ./config.status
wait_for_any: WaitForMultipleObjects failed, win32 error 6
wait_for_any: Trying again.
wait_for_any: WaitForMultipleObjects failed, win32 error 6
wait_for_any: Trying again.

and that was the end. This and some strange behaviour from some of the
background applications (W95 apps) leads me to suspect that signals destined
for cygwin are being caught by other running processes.

Changing bash made no difference, but restoring the b18 cygwin.dll allowed
both the configure and make scripts to complete sucessfully.

Maybe/Mabe not related, none of my non cygwin shell tools, notably less and
vim, would even start with Sergeys dll, both work perfectly with the b18 dll.

This is clearly a W95 pb, any ideas anybody?

                                        Tony

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".