Subject: Re: Perl & GNU-Win32
From: [email-masked] ("Bryan T. Schmersal")

16 Jul 1997 18:57:02 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0 (32)
Original-To: Max Muzi <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

At 11:35 AM 7/16/97 +0200, Max Muzi wrote:
>Has anyone managed to compile Perl5.004 under GNU-Win32 b18 ?

I managed to get it installed without major problems.  Did you follow
the hints in the README.cygwin32 file.  You may also want to look at
the cygwin32 file under hints to make sure that the paths are correct
for library and header files.  This may solve your build problem.

I had to alter the installperl script in order for things to work.
Also, when perl was installed via the install program that came
with GNU-Win32 b18, all I could get out of perl was a "This program
cannot be run in MSDOS mode" error.  I copied the executable straight
from the build directory and it works fine...

-------------------------------------------------------
Bryan T. Schmersal                 Transarc Corporation
Senior Member of Technical Staff       707 Grant Street
[email-masked]               Pittsburgh, PA  15219
http://www.transarc.com/~bryans           (412)338-4351
-------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".