Subject: Problems with Glut, OpenGL, & Cygnus Win32
From: [email-masked] ("Curtis L. Olson")

16 Jul 1997 18:03:04 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: VM 6.22 under Emacs 19.34.1
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Greetings,

I have an OpenGL/GLUT based program the compiles and runs just fine on
SGI Irix, Linux/Mesa, SunOS/Mesa, etc.  I am now trying to port it to
win32 using the Cygnus compiler (b18).  (BTW, I am running this on NT
3.51)

I fought my way through windows .dll hell, built my stub lib*.a's like
a good little borg and finally got an executable that links without
any complaints from the compiler about missing stuff.  But, my
assimilation was not quite complete.

When I tried to run the application on my NT 3.51 box, I received the
following message:

    The dynamic link library MSVCRT.dll could not be found in the
    specified path [long path deleted].

I went out searching the net and found a copy of this dll (my system
only had msvcrt20.dll and msvcrt40.dll ... again, windows dll hell.)

Anyways, now when I try to run my application, I get no complaints
about missing dlls, I get no printed output, I get no windows being
created---absolutly nothing, the application just ends.

I ran my program inside of gdb and it appears to be dying in
fhandler_console::is_console().  I have no clue what to do at this
point.  Any ideas?

GNU gdb 4.16.1
Copyright 1997 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-cygwin32".
(gdb) target exec fg0.exe
(gdb) run
Starting program: //H/projects/FlightGear/Src/OpenGL/fg0.exe 
(no debugging symbols found)...10000000://H/projects/FlightGear/Src/OpenGL/glut.dll
(no debugging symbols found)...779f0000://H/projects/FlightGear/Src/OpenGL/MSVCRT.dll
(no debugging symbols found)...60600000://M/WINFRAME/system32/KERNEL32.dll
(no debugging symbols found)...30010000://M/WINFRAME/System32/WINSTA.dll
(no debugging symbols found)...30000000://M/WINFRAME/System32/REGAPI.dll
(no debugging symbols found)...60300000://M/WINFRAME/system32/ADVAPI32.dll

[failed reading symbols from DLL]
"//M/WINFRAME/system32/RPCRT4.dll": error reading line numbers

warning: LDR: LdrpMapDll Relocating: Base Name CLIB.dll

(no debugging symbols found)...25a0000://M/WINFRAME/System32/CLIB.dll

[failed reading symbols from DLL]
"//M/WINFRAME/system32/USER32.dll": error reading line numbers

[failed reading symbols from DLL]
"//M/WINFRAME/system32/GDI32.dll": error reading line numbers

[failed reading symbols from DLL]
"//M/WINFRAME/System32/OPENGL32.dll": error reading line numbers

(no debugging symbols found)...77d90000://M/WINFRAME/system32/CRTDLL.dll
(no debugging symbols found)...77340000://M/WINFRAME/System32/GLU32.dll
warning: LDR: LdrpMapDll Relocating: Base Name cygwin.dll

(no debugging symbols found)...25b0000:/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/cygwin.dll
(no debugging symbols found)...75000000://M/WINFRAME/System32/wsock32.dll

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x25bbac6 in fhandler_console::is_console ()

(gdb) where
#0  0x25bbac6 in fhandler_console::is_console ()
#1  0x25bc113 in dll_crt0 ()
#2  0x419e79 in ?? ()
#3  0x40103b in ?? ()

(gdb) 

Thanks, for any clues you can provide.

Curt.
-- 
Curtis Olson                        Systems Administrator   
[email-masked]                     University of MN, ME Dept.   
http://www.menet.umn.edu/~curt      Try Linux!
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".