Subject: mixing gnu-win32 and msvc++ objects
From: [email-masked] (Thomas Vetter)

16 Jul 1997 02:10:20 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
X-Sun-Charset: US-ASCII
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

I have to port some tools from unix to nt. Some of these tools (gui and daemons) 
use 3rd-party libraries which requires the use of MSVC++. Because I am a newbie 
using nt and gnu-win32 I have some questions about using gnu-win32 together with 
MSVC++.

1. Can I mix objects created by gcc and MSVC++ into one library (using ar.exe) ?
2. Which linker (ld or link) will be the best to create programs from both
   gnu-win32's gcc and MS's cl objects / libraries ?
3. Where can I find a good documentation for the use of gnu-win32 ?
4. Are there any reasons to use version b17 instead of b18 ?

I hope my questions are basic ones and someone having experience mixing objects
created by gnu-win32 and MSVC++ can help me finding a reasonable way doing this.

Regards,

Thomas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thomas Vetter                                   Phone:  +49 69 6649 2415
Cegelec AEG Systems                             FAX:    +49 69 6649 2261
Abt.: A/RD 1
Lyoner Str. 9                                   e-mail: [email-masked]
60528 Frankfurt                                 WWW:    http://thomasvetter.aat-f.aeg-f.de
Germany
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".