Subject: Re: Section attributes from ld
From: [email-masked]

15 Jul 1997 16:25:17 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-CC: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

>How does ld determine which attributes sections are to have? By
>attributes, I mean things like:-

>Contains code, contains initialised data, should be laoded with
>execute permission, should be loaded with read permission, should be
>loaded with write permission etc.

The attributes are based on the attributes of the input sections which
are mapped into the output sections.  Take a look at
gas/config/obj-coff.c to see how to use the .section directive in an
assembler file.

Ian
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".