Subject: Win95 and sockets
From: [email-masked] (Sergey Okhapkin)

15 Jul 1997 11:25:47 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <01BC9156.A968BD80.cygnus.gnu-win32@sos>
Original-To: "'gnu-win32'" <[email-masked]>
Original-Cc: "'Geoffrey Noer'" <[email-masked]>
Encoding: 24 TEXT
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi!

I'm about to release my "bugview" patches, but I have one annoying 
win95-specific problem - looks like sockets are non-inheritable on 
Windows95... Inetd/telnetd works fine on NT, but inetd fails on w95. Inetd 
forks on connect, and can't use inheritted from a parent socket handles - 
every socket call (including closesocket()) fails with ENOTSOCK error. Can 
anyone check carefully the problem? It's possible to use "telnetd -d" in 
single-user mode on W95, but I want to be sure that inheritance fails are 
win95, but not cygwin bugs. Any ideas/suggestions? Probably, it's neccesary 
to DuplicateHandle() after a socket() call to have inheritable sockets on 
W95? Sorry for stupid questions, but I have no ability to debug cygwin 
stuff on Win95...

One more NT-specific question - how to load HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry hive 
after successfull logon of the user? It's neccessary for clean logon 
program implementation.

Happy telnetting :-)

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia
Looking for a job

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".