Subject: Section attributes from ld
From: [email-masked] (Jon Thackray)

15 Jul 1997 07:27:10 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

How does ld determine which attributes sections are to have? By
attributes, I mean things like:-

Contains code, contains initialised data, should be laoded with
execute permission, should be loaded with read permission, should be
loaded with write permission etc.

I would expect to be able to specify this kind of stuff in the linker
script, but I can't find any documentation telling me how to do this.
I've perused the web pages on this stuff, but either I've missed it or
it isn't there. As it is, some of my sections are being produced with
no access at all, which then causes runtime access violations.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".