Subject: Re: Bash annoyance
From: [email-masked] (Fergus Henderson)

15 Jul 1997 01:16:14 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

"Aris Zakinthinos" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>I believe I have seen the following posted here before but I haven't seen a
>resolution.  When I start an application from bash, a surpious carriage
>return is sent to the program.  For example, if I try to ftp hostname then
>when FTP connect and gets me to the login prompt a carriage return is sent
>before I can type anything.  This example isn't that bad but some
>applications don't like it and die.
>
>Has anybody found a workaround to this?

I think the work-around is to type `control-J' rather than `enter'
to terminate your bash commands.

--
Fergus Henderson <[email-masked]>   |  "I have always known that the pursuit
WWW: <http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh>   |  of excellence is a lethal habit"
PGP: finger [email-masked]         |     -- the last words of T. S. Garp.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".