Subject: Re: cygnus bugs
From: [email-masked] (Andy Burgess)

12 Jul 1997 15:17:43 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Original-To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

>- find follows unix symlinks when using samba. Perhaps
>  this is a deficiency in samba and not cygwin.

Its more of a deficiency in the SMB protocol. There is a related 
option in samba. From man smb.conf:

  wide links (S)
     This parameter controls whether or not  links  in  the  UNIX
     file  system may be followed by the server. Links that point
     to areas within the directory tree exported  by  the  server
     are  always  allowed; this parameter controls access only to
     areas that are outside the directory tree being exported.

     Default:
          wide links = yes

     Example:
          wide links = no

I suppose one might wish (or code a patch :-) for total disabling
of symlinks.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".