Subject: Re: CygWin32 and djgpp
From: [email-masked] (Paul Shirley)

12 Jul 1997 08:20:13 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Original-To: Ian MacArthur <[email-masked]>
Original-Cc: gnu-win32 <[email-masked]>
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
X-Mailer: Turnpike Version 3.03b <XvxOq6RVjuMF4FZcD8CYlzCnSO>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

In message <[email-masked]>, Ian MacArthur
<[email-masked]> writes
>But I have djgpp v2.01 installed and running quite nicely, so I was
>*concerned* about the possibility of *interactons*, given that both have
>implementations of make, diff, binutils, textutils, sh-utils, etc, and both
>will be on my path (Win95 setup here.)

I have 3 versions of gcc installed (win32,djgpp and ccpsx). I have the
win32 environment set in autoexec.bat, when I need to use djgpp or ccpsx
I run a batch file attached the the dosbox. Prepending the djgpp
directory to my PATH solves the problem.

>Is this OK? Are others doing it? Is one gnu make (3.75) pretty much like
>another (as it were)? i.e. are they compatible, etc. 

I found that the cygnus make will not accept tabless .d files that djgpp
is happy with, its probably advisable not to mix them.

-- 
Paul Shirley
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".