Subject: Linking with .LIB's and .OBJ's
From: [email-masked] ("Ares")

11 Jul 1997 22:02:08 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
Comments: Authenticated sender is <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-PM-Encryptor: PGP-PM32, 4
X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Win32 (v2.54)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Does anyone know how to go about linking in MSVC++/BC++ .LIB and .OBJ 
files for which the source code is unavailable?  I'm interested in 
using Microsoft's DirectX SDK and am wondering if the DirectX .LIB's  
can be directly linked into the executable, or if they must be 
converted into a COFF format first.  If so, how do I do this?

While I write, I'd like to put in my $0.02 worth on the new Cygwin32 
License.  To those people who can't accept the license, I would 
suggest using all the available resources (source code and 
documentation) available on POSIX, and write your own cygwin.dll.  
With the restrictions lifted on libcygwin.a, this shouldn't be too 
much of a problem for getting a different library linked in.

Ares out.

        _/_/_/   _/_/_/_/   _/_/_/_/_/   _/_/_/   Jason D. Michaelson
     _/      _/ _/      _/ _/         _/      _/ [email-masked]
    _/      _/ _/      _/ _/         _/         [email-masked]
   _/_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/   _/_/_/_/     _/_/_/   [email-masked]
  _/      _/ _/      _/ _/                 _/ [email-masked]
 _/      _/ _/      _/ _/         _/      _/ http://www.tc.umn.edu/~mich0101
_/      _/ _/      _/ _/_/_/_/_/   _/_/_/   

My other page is at http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/5923

This space intentionally has nothing but text explaining why this
space has nothing but text explaining that this space would otherwise
have been left blank and would otherwise have been left blank.

For PGP 2.6.3 public key, send a message to [email-masked]
with Send PGP Key as the subject.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".