Subject: Re: CygWin32 and djgpp
From: [email-masked] (Marc Mandel)

11 Jul 1997 14:20:22 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <Pine.SOL.3.94.970711133355.8433C-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@sundance>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
X-Sender: mmandel@sundance
Original-To: Ian MacArthur <[email-masked]>
Original-cc: gnu-win32 <[email-masked]>
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

> On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Ian MacArthur wrote:
> 
> > But I have djgpp v2.01 installed and running quite nicely, so I was
> > *concerned* about the possibility of *interactons*, given that both have
> > implementations of make, diff, binutils, textutils, sh-utils, etc, and both
> > will be on my path (Win95 setup here.)

While you didn't say whether you were running win95 or winnt, here is
something that will work for winnt.

Some months back I had the same situation.  I had been running djgpp, had
downloaded cygnus and wanted to start using it _without_ breaking djgpp.
Since I was running winnt, I simply created two additonal accounts, djgpp
and cygnus. Each of these accounts had the appropriate paths, etc for the
corresponding package.

Regards,

marc mandel

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".