Subject: GNUWIN32 build environment
From: [email-masked] (Patrick Doyle)

11 Jul 1997 09:50:59 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I have a few "personal" questions about the environment you use to
build GNUWIN32 from scratch, or more acurately, the envronment you
used to build the B18 release from scratch.

1) What platform did you build it on? (i.e. linux, W95, NT, etc...)
2) What arguments did you give to configure?
3) What arguments did you give to "make"?
4) In general, what hand tweaking did you have to do afterwards?
5) Were there differences in the answers to these questions between
   the CDK and the user-tools source trees?

I realize that these are probably FAQ's and, in fact, there are some
answers in the FAQ page, but I don't believe it is up to date.  (It
states, "Assuming you have the src installed as /src, will build in
the directory /obj..." but that seems to imply there is a single
source tree, where now there are two (cdk and user-tools).  Also,
having played a little with the usertools source, I am curious how you
manage to install ".exe" files.  Do you use the
"program-transform-name" option?

-- 
--patrick

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".