Subject: Re: CygWin32 and djgpp
From: [email-masked] (James Paul Morgan)

11 Jul 1997 08:42:47 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: Ian MacArthur <[email-masked]>
Original-cc: gnu-win32 <[email-masked]>
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Ian MacArthur wrote:

> But I have djgpp v2.01 installed and running quite nicely, so I was
> *concerned* about the possibility of *interactons*, given that both have
> implementations of make, diff, binutils, textutils, sh-utils, etc, and both
> will be on my path (Win95 setup here.)
>

I had to remove DJGPP from my path when I was using Cygwin32, otherwise
there were conflicts.  You can decide which bin directory is checked
first, but that means only using one of the compile commands.

My solution is to alwasy run Cygwin32 out of the bash shell.  That way, I
can control the path and variables for Cygwin32 from the bash shell and
the DJGPP from the autoexec.bat.

See ya around the Mulberry bush.

--James

:)

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".