Subject: Re: Linking for GUI's
From: [email-masked] (Ares)

10 Jul 1997 23:26:34 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: nicole nowell <[email-masked]>
Original-cc: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I recently had a similar problem with the example from the book Windows 95
Programming for Dummies.  The libraries I had to link with were user32, 
gdi32, and cygwin,  though what you need may vary.  The command line
should be something like:

gcc -o programname {object files} -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcygwin
-Wl,--subsystem,windows.

This is what I tried, and it works.  I hope this helps you.

Ares out.

      _/_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/    _/          _/ 
      _/_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/    _/          _/  Jason D. Michaelson
         _/     _/      _/  _//        _//  [email-masked]
        _/     _/      _/  _/_/      _/_/  [email-masked]
       _/     _/      _/  _/ _/    _/ _/  [email-masked]
      _/     _/      _/  _/  _/  _/  _/  WebPage: http://www.geocities.com
 _/  _/     _/      _/  _/   _/_/   _/    /Siliww.tc.umn.edu/~mich0101
_/_/_/     _/_/_/_/    _/    _/    _/  http://www.umn.edu/~mich0101

Don't you wish you were using Pegasus Mail for Windoze.  If you were,
you'd be able to click on the URL's. :-).  Get it at
http://www.pegasus.usa.com/.  Damn, another one of those URL's.

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, nicole nowell wrote:

> Hi all, I have a very simple question that I can't seem to find on the
> archives or the FAQ.  I am trying to learn win32 programming with the
> Nuts and Bolts Book by Schildt.  Whenever I try to build the first
> example it compiles fine, but the linker cannot resolve any of the Win32
> Api functions.  The faq only says the most common functions are linked
> and you may need to link other libraries.  What libraries should I add
> to the gcc line to build GUI apps (I have successfully compiled several
> simple standard C and C++ programs with mains but no WinMain into
> console apps).
>                                                                     Herb
> 
> 
> 
> -
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
> "[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
> 

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".