Subject: Re: Linking for GUI's
From: [email-masked] (Justin Hopkins)

10 Jul 1997 20:26:53 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 3.0.1 (32)
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

At 10:32 PM 7/9/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi all, I have a very simple question that I can't seem to find on the
>archives or the FAQ.  I am trying to learn win32 programming with the
>Nuts and Bolts Book by Schildt.  Whenever I try to build the first
>example it compiles fine, but the linker cannot resolve any of the Win32
>Api functions.  The faq only says the most common functions are linked
>and you may need to link other libraries.  What libraries should I add
>to the gcc line to build GUI apps (I have successfully compiled several
>simple standard C and C++ programs with mains but no WinMain into
>console apps).
>                                                                    Herb

Try linking with libuser32.a, and/or libgdi32.a. So your command line 
invocation might be something like this:

	gcc -o mygui.exe mygui.c -luser32 -lgdi32

Justin Hopkins

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".