Subject: mkisofs - Help please...
From: [email-masked] (Mike Bone)

10 Jul 1997 20:20:27 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I'm trying to compile the mkisofs program under win95, but it needs 2
things that aren't present in gnu-win32: malloc.h and sysmacros.h
(containing the macros for major() and minor() ). I hacked the source by
commenting out the malloc.h declaration and just for grins, I copied the
sysmacros.h file from a linux machine to the include/sys directory on the
gnu-win32 machine. The build went fine with these changes, but the exe
doesn't create a valid iso image file. Presumably either it needs an
actual malloc.h rather than the definitions provided automatically by
gnu-win32 or more likely, the definitions for major() and minor() are
wrong (or maybe they don't apply under gnu-win32). 

Can anyone point me to some information on malloc or major and minor and
how they might apply to the gnu-win32 environment? Any help or pointers
would be appreciated. Also, if anyone is interested in the mkisofs
program once it's working under gnu-win32, I'll post the necessary
information to compile it or send src/binaries to anyone who wants to add
it to one of the 'successfully ported unix software' web pages.

Thanks,
Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike Bone   *********   Bloomington, IN   *********   [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
For my PGP public key, send mail to [email-masked]
with 'GET [email-masked]' in the subject line.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".