Subject: CygWin32 and djgpp
From: [email-masked] (Ian MacArthur)

10 Jul 1997 19:39:35 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Original-To: gnu-win32 <[email-masked]>
Content-Disposition: inline
X-MIME-Autoconverted: from quoted-printable to 8bit by cygnus.com id NAA02090
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

I wonder if you can help, as I have been thinking about installing the
gnu-win32 stuff onto my machine. In fact I even downloaded the build 18
cdk.exe.

But I have djgpp v2.01 installed and running quite nicely, so I was
*concerned* about the possibility of *interactons*, given that both have
implementations of make, diff, binutils, textutils, sh-utils, etc, and both
will be on my path (Win95 setup here.)

Is this OK? Are others doing it? Is one gnu make (3.75) pretty much like
another (as it were)? i.e. are they compatible, etc. 

Thanks for any input on this,

cheers for now,

Ian MacArthur,
Edinburgh.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".