Subject: Linking for GUI's
From: [email-masked] (nicole nowell)

9 Jul 1997 20:57:28 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.01 [en] (Win95; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi all, I have a very simple question that I can't seem to find on the
archives or the FAQ.  I am trying to learn win32 programming with the
Nuts and Bolts Book by Schildt.  Whenever I try to build the first
example it compiles fine, but the linker cannot resolve any of the Win32
Api functions.  The faq only says the most common functions are linked
and you may need to link other libraries.  What libraries should I add
to the gcc line to build GUI apps (I have successfully compiled several
simple standard C and C++ programs with mains but no WinMain into
console apps).
                                                                    Herb

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".