Subject: Resource (.rc) Files
From: [email-masked]

9 Jul 1997 12:10:30 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Encoding: 20 Text
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

     Hi,
     
     I am attempting to port a Microsoft C program to GNU C.  All the menu 
     setup data is in a resource (.rc) file, which gcc can't compile, and 
     the linker can't deal with the .res file produced by Visual C 
     (unrecognized file format). Is there some (relatively) painless way to 
     convert this to a C file, or is there an equivalent to a resource 
     compiler in the GNU-WIN32 suite?  Is the suggestion of using the 
     Microsoft linker pertinent here? A search of the FAQ, and (partial) 
     search of the mail archives revealed nothing useful.
     
     Two notes: 1) I am new to GNU-WIN32 (but not gcc), and I am *very* new 
     to developing Windows applications (have done some X windows stuff 
     using Xforms).

      Thanx,
     
      Wilkey Richarson

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".