Subject: ld problem with templates
From: [email-masked] (Sylvio Triebel)

9 Jul 1997 07:14:02 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.0 (X11; I; SunOS 4.1.3 sun4c)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

dear sirs,
I tried to compile a program that uses stl extensivly.
There is no problem to compile it with  gnu 2.7.2 under solaris, linux
and OS/2.
Using gnuwin32 causes hundreds of linker errors like this:
 ... multiple definition of __default_alloc_template<false,0>::...

(all errors occured contain '__default_alloc_template<false,0>::' !)

Is it a known problem? Should I use other ld options?

options to compile cc files were :
	gcc -c xx.cc

options to link the executable were :
	gcc -o xx.exe xx.o ... -lstdc++ -lg++ -lm

thanks 
	S. Triebel
-- 

 --------------------------------------------------------------------
|######........|                         |                           |
|######........| Sylvio Triebel          | Tel.: +49 (0)3677 69 1171 |
|..##..........| TU Ilmenau              |              oder 69 1168 |
|..##.##.##....| PSF 327, 98693 Ilmenau  | FAX : +49 (0)3677 69 1163 |
|.....##.##....|                         |                           |
|.....#####.##.|-----------------------------------------------------|
|.....#####.##.|                                                     |
|...........##.| E-Mail: [email-masked]            |
|...........##.|                                                     |
 --------------------------------------------------------------------
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".