Subject: getting started[newbie]
From: [email-masked] (Jon-o Addleman)

8 Jul 1997 19:21:51 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 3.0.1 (32)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Well, I'm yet another of those people who think it would be just great to
write programs for windows, but doesn't want to spend money on a commercial
compiler. My big problem is that I hardly know a thing about
windows-specific programming, and all the resources available are about
VC++, or something like that. I've downloaded some source to look at, but I
can't even get it to compile, since the makefiles are usually different,
and sometimes there are problems with headers etc too. Is there a place
with (preferably) tutorials, or source code? Or even a utility to convert
between different makefiles. Doing it by hand just isn't worth the trouble
with some things... 

If I ever get started properly with this, I'm planning make a web page with
answers to my stupid questions, since I'm sure every similar project is
constantly plagued by people like me lured by the FREE label.
Jon-o Addleman
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".