Subject: Re: Trying to remake dlltool
From: [email-masked]

8 Jul 1997 16:54:55 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-CC: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

>I am trying to rebuild dlltool and am running into problems. The
>reason I am trying to rebuild it is that it produces symbols with one
>too many _ characters at the start, and these break the link step.

This problem is almost certainly not in dlltool.

>Anyway, there appear to be at least two programs which this process
>requires which are missing. One is bison, I've got round that by doing
>the bison step of the make on a unix machine.

The b18 release probably has byacc, which is a bison equivalent.

>The second is update,
>used by the configure program in cdk/libiberty. I can't find this
>program on any machine, so I have no idea what it's supposed to do.
>The command line in question says:-

>update alloca-normal.h alloca-conf.h

>Anyone have any idea either where to find this, or how to simulate
>what it's trying to do?

You should not be using configure.bat in cygwin32.  There is no
configure script for libiberty, there is only a configure.in script
which is used by the top level configure script.  Disregard
libiberty/README, as it is incorrect.  Always run configure from the
top level; it will automatically configure all the subdirectories,
including libiberty, bfd, and binutils.

Ian
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".