Subject: Trying to remake dlltool
From: [email-masked] (Jon Thackray)

8 Jul 1997 12:01:11 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I am trying to rebuild dlltool and am running into problems. The
reason I am trying to rebuild it is that it produces symbols with one
too many _ characters at the start, and these break the link step.
Anyway, there appear to be at least two programs which this process
requires which are missing. One is bison, I've got round that by doing
the bison step of the make on a unix machine. The second is update,
used by the configure program in cdk/libiberty. I can't find this
program on any machine, so I have no idea what it's supposed to do.
The command line in question says:-

update alloca-normal.h alloca-conf.h

Anyone have any idea either where to find this, or how to simulate
what it's trying to do?
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".