Subject: Using MSVC++ 4.0 Command Line tools to compile in emacs
From: [email-masked]

7 Jul 1997 11:43:45 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

     Hi!
     
     I am using the Cygnus Win32 Emacs distribution and first of all, wish 
     to thank everybody who put a bit of work into it with all my heart !
     
     Here at work it is almost mandatory to use MSVC++ for development, but 
     after five years of working with gnu tools under Unix I just detest 
     the idea. What I am trying to do is to keep the project structure only 
     in teh MSVC environment, use it to generate a Makefile, and then use 
     this Makefile to compile from within emacs using the command-line 
     compiler etc.
     
     Now, I have tried to use the ProjectName.mak file as the makefile, but 
     does not really seem to work - or at least nmake does not like being 
     fed this file as a Makefile. What do I need to do ? I cannot create a 
     custom Makefile from scratch because people insist in letting MSVC++ 
     do all of parameter handling etc. They would not accept my manually 
     edited makefile.
     
     HELP !!!
     
     Thanks in advance,
     Arifi
     --
     Arifi Koseoglu
     [email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".