Subject: MSVC linker question
From: [email-masked] ("Paul J. Metzger")

7 Jul 1997 11:13:26 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-cc: "Paul T. Barham" <[email-masked]>, Randall Barker <[email-masked]>,
        Robert Beckwith <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

This may seem like a strange question, but I'll ask anyway.  For those
of us that need to link in existing .LIB files (compiled with MSVC)
yet want the benefits of the Cygnus Win32 UNIX emulation layer, why not
compile the Cygnus API with the Microsoft compiler?

I haven't fiddled around at all (yet) with the CDK sources, but I
assume that there isn't anything GNU-specific about the source code
for libcygwin.a, and that theoretically it should compile fine with
the MSVC compiler, right?

Before I dive into this, are there any "words of wisdom" from folks who
have tried this already?
							- Paul

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 Reality by Design, Inc.                      Tel:  (617) 942-0440
 95 Main Street, Suite 3                      Fax:  (617) 944-6209
 Reading, MA  01867-3965                      URL:  www.rbd.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".