Subject: Further ld scripts
From: [email-masked] (Jon Thackray)

4 Jul 1997 07:08:51 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Having read the info from the binutils stuff, I still find I have some
questions unanswered.

I wish to be able to link using .lib files as already provided, or as
produced by (VC++) link. Within such .lib files are object files
produced by VC++. These object files contain multiple instances of
some sections within the same file, eg the .text section. ld complains
about this. It also complains about some of the .idata$n sections. Can
I persuade it to deal with these correctly? It does not, incidentally,
complain about multiple instances of the .data section. Alternatively,
is there some tool which can convert these .obj files within the .lib
file into something ld can accept?
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".