Subject: RE: gnu-win32 IDE
From: [email-masked] (Colin Peters)

3 Jul 1997 22:44:21 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <01BC8883.741A3860.cygnus.gnu-win32@gbird0>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "'David Essex'" <[email-masked]>
Original-Cc: "'GNU-Win32'" <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

David Essex[SMTP:[email-masked]] wrote:
>At one time there was some talk about an IDE(Integrated Development
>Environment) for gnu-win32.
>
>Is there any such tool available some where, or any plans for such a tool.
>
>This kind of tool would be beneficial, especially for win32 gui applications.

Here's a copy of an earlier message about "POW" or "BlueGNU". I never
actually got around to downloading it myself, but you might give it a
spin.

It does sound more like a real IDE than most share/freeware products
that seem to go under that name (most of them are editors which can
run a compiler and not much more). However I don't know if it really
has anything that will make GUI programming easier (like a dialog box
editor and such) or any sort of debugging interface worth talking
about. It does at least have project management.

Anyway, good luck,

Colin.

--- Begin Included Message ---

Hi,

a pre-release of the Pow! (Programmers Open Workbench)
IDE with support for GCC is available from our server
at the University of Linz:

"http://www.fim.uni-linz.ac.at/staff/kre/bluegnu"

The project (codename 'BlueGnu' ;-) contains:

- Pow! - Programmers Open Workbench 4.0
  (integrated development environment; project management
  with project templates; programmable editor with keyword
  highlighting, macros and folding; interfaces for compilers,
  editors and tools)
- GNU C++ 2.7.1, ported by Cygnus Inc. for Win32 (beta 17.1)
- "cvtres" resource to coff utility from Jacob Navia, Paris.

We like to get feedback about this software. Questions,
suggestions, and bug reports are highly welcome.

-ulrich.

P.S.: Pow! is free for educational and private use, but it is
not Free Software in the terms of the GPL. I only have "wrapped"
the GNUWIN32 files, because I wanted a single installation file.

--- End Included Message ---

-- Colin Peters - Saga Univ. Dept. of Information Science
-- [email-masked] - finger for PGP public key
-- http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/index.html
-- http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162/

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".