Subject: A quick fix for the DLL .reloc problem
From: [email-masked] (William Greathouse)

2 Jul 1997 12:13:11 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------08ADE2D956636681FE1ECCDB"
>Received: from iago by mailserv.smva.com (AIX 3.2/UCB 5.64/4.03)
          id AA22239; Wed, 2 Jul 1997 12: 10:02 -0400
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.0b5 [en] (Win95; I)
Original-To: gnu-win32 <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------08ADE2D956636681FE1ECCDB
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello All,

Attached is my contribution to the DLL .reloc section problem.

The invalid relocation table termination in the dll output has
caused me many problems when using gnuwin32 generated dll's with
other applications (particularly false 'Out of memory' errors).

John Cerney's dllcheck.exe has been wonderful for detecting this
problem, but I have had to rebuild as many as 40 (!) times to get
a 'clean' dll.  Upon looking at the generated file, I noticed that
nothing changes between builds except the table termination.  So,
I built a quick program to detect and _fix_ the .reloc table termination
problem.

NOTE:  This works for me, your mileage may vary.  The application was
built using cygnus b18 and mingw 0.1.4.  As such, it has no cygwin
version requirement/need.  I have successfully used the "fixed" dll's
with Microsloth Access and Excel.

Enjoy,
Bill

PS. I have thoughts of extending this to properly zero fill the "empty"
areas in applications/dll's to get around the "garbage in my output"
problems.  Anyone interested?
-- 
William Greathouse                | [email-masked]  Email
SMV America, Engineering          | [email-masked]        Email
8380 Darrow Road                  | (216) 425-1340 x4006  Voice
Twinsburg, OH  44087              | (216) 405-7684        FAX
--------------08ADE2D956636681FE1ECCDB
Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="dllfix.exe"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="dllfix.exe"

--------------08ADE2D956636681FE1ECCDB--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".