Subject: Re: Anyone got patches for V GUI?
From: [email-masked] (James Paul Morgan)

1 Jul 1997 13:00:21 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: "D. Jeff Dionne" <[email-masked]>
Original-cc: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, D. Jeff Dionne wrote:

> Back around b14, the V GUI kit was ported/bundled with cygwin32.  Has anyone
> managed to maintain that, or perhaps have the old patches still kicking
> about that I can try? 
>

I have a document listing all changes needed to V GUI and Cygwin32 and a
complete list of all of the makefiles needed to compile V GUI smoothly on
Windows95.  The changes to Cygwin32 are very minimal, adding a couple of
extra defines in two .h files and changing the name of one file.  (The
string.c vs String.c problem.)  There are maybe half a dozen changes
needed for the V GUI source code.  (1.16 for Windows)

However, I am still using beta 17.1 of the Cygwin32.  I did not
particularly feel like going through the hassel of updating and debugging
to 18.0 as the portion of 17.1 that I am using works fine for my class and
personal projects.

I have not tried it on NT either.

Your instability problems are probably in part due to the fact that the
makefiles given with the V GUI package link against the wrong libraries.
Several of the test programs would crash instantly every time they started
until I switched libraries.

One glitch I have found is that the V GUI will only display ONE task bar
in the Windows95 environment.  There is space set aside for any additional
ones, but they are blank.  The same code works fine under AIX.

If anyone is interested, I can mail you the list of changes and all of the
makefiles.  I can send them as text attachements or I can use pkzip or
GNUzip to compress them into one file and then send that.

See ya around the Mulberry bush.

--James

:)

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".