Subject: Re: Problem with gcc
From: [email-masked] (Larry Hall)

1 Jul 1997 08:17:45 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 2.2 (32)
Original-To: Kang Su Gatlin <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

At 07:10 PM 6/30/97 -0700, Kang Su Gatlin wrote:
>I'm not sure exactly what you mean by environment (probably the same
>thing as wehen I referred to environment), so here are the environemtn
>variables that I think pertain to gcc:
>
>GCC_EXEC_PREFIX  z:\gnuwin32\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\
>GDBTK_LIBRARY  z:/gnuwin32/share/gdbtcl
>PATH  %SystemRoot%\system32;c:\utilitie\pkzip;C:\usr\local\bin;
>      z:\gnuwin32\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;z:\gnuwin32\tcl\bin;%SystemRoot%
>
>Interestingly, I noticed that I have a lib and include path that are
>set to my library and include directory for VC++.  gcc doesn't use the
>lib and include path though does it?  The thing that bugs me still is
>that g++ seems to work fine.
>
>Thanks for any help that can be provided,
>
>KSG

Actually, I recall having some problems with the include path as set by
VC++ at some point in the past.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact
circumstance.  However, this may indicate that GCC does pick up on these
settings.  You may want to try unsetting these variables in your bashrc or
the like.  This cleared up the situation that I had originally.

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      (617) 239-1053
8 Grove Street                          (617) 239-1655 - FAX
Wellesley, MA  02181                             

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".