Subject: dlopen() and friends?
From: [email-masked] (Peter Dalgaard BSA)

1 Jul 1997 02:49:29 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Gnus v5.3/Emacs 19.34
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

The title almost says it all. For numerical and statistical computing,
the ability to wire user C code into a running interpreter is the best
thing since electricity. The functionality on UNIX system is in
libdl.* and (usually) works by linking up a shared
position-independent library and accessing it through dlopen(),
dlsym(), etc. One would expect that similar functionality is possible
through DLL's in win32, but has anyone actually tried this?

-- 
   O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Blegdamsvej 3  
  c/ /'_ --- Dept. of Biostatistics     2200 Cph. N   
 (*) \(*) -- University of Copenhagen   Denmark      Ph: (+45) 35327918
~~~~~~~~~~ - ([email-masked])             FAX: (+45) 35327907
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".