Subject: Re: Problem with gcc
From: [email-masked] (Kang Su Gatlin)

30 Jun 1997 19:38:22 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL23]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

> From: Bryon Roche <[email-masked]>
> 
> Kang Su Gatlin wrote:
> > 
> > I just have installed Beta18 of Gnu Win 32 on a NT 4.0 service pack 3
> > system.  The installation seemed to go smoothly and I set all the
> > environment variables and paths (I believe).  When I went to run gcc
> > on a small test program (hello world) I got:
> > 
> > gcc test.c
> > 
> > abnormal program termination
> Well, what is you environment? Gcc works fine on my system (on hello
> world). I'm not too sure about the Apache port I'm trying to do.. It
> seems to bomb on uid related code, so I have to sift through it and sort
> it all out.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by environment (probably the same
thing as wehen I referred to environment), so here are the environemtn
variables that I think pertain to gcc:

GCC_EXEC_PREFIX  z:\gnuwin32\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\
GDBTK_LIBRARY  z:/gnuwin32/share/gdbtcl
PATH  %SystemRoot%\system32;c:\utilitie\pkzip;C:\usr\local\bin;
      z:\gnuwin32\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;z:\gnuwin32\tcl\bin;%SystemRoot%

Interestingly, I noticed that I have a lib and include path that are
set to my library and include directory for VC++.  gcc doesn't use the
lib and include path though does it?  The thing that bugs me still is
that g++ seems to work fine.

Thanks for any help that can be provided,

KSG
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".