Subject: Re: Exception trapped!
From: [email-masked] (Chris Faylor)

30 Jun 1997 18:30:40 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test57 (27 Apr 97)
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Perl5 Mail::Internet v1.28
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Why not run the offending programs under the debugger and find out
where, exactly, they are dying?

The errors you're receiving are equivalent to a "Segmentation violation"
under UNIX.

In article <[email-masked]>,
Wei Ku <[email-masked]> wrote:
>I have the similar error message somtimes.  Unfortunately, I have not
>figured out the cause ( or pattern) of this problem.  However, I am
>almost sure that this is not caused by the size of the executable file.
>It would be very nice if someone can indicate the cause of the error
>message ( if it is not a bug).
>
>From: Berenice LOPEZ <[email-masked]>
>To: gnu mailing list <[email-masked]>
>Date: Monday, June 30, 1997 5:31 PM
>Subject: Exception trapped!
>
>    Hi, it's me again...
>    Now, I got my sotfware to compile, but when I execute it... I get
>this:
>
>bash$ paros rome.ico
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) In cygwin except handler
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) Exception trapped!
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) exception C0000005 at 6E6962
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) exception: ax 6E6962 bx 255F32C cx A000724 dx
>2FC2810
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) exception: si 4F551C di 4F5134 bp 255D47C sp
>255D468
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) exception is: STATUS ACCESS VIOLATION
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) Stack trace:
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) frame 0: sp = 0x255D29C, pc = 0x1000CEAA
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) frame 1: sp = 0x255D2B8, pc = 0x77F94072
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) frame 2: sp = 0x255D2DC, pc = 0x77F88A53
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) frame 3: sp = 0x255D368, pc = 0x77F75E82
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) frame 4: sp = 0x255D47C, pc = 0x523429
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) frame 5: sp = 0x255D494, pc = 0x4BDD11
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) frame 6: sp = 0x255D520, pc = 0x4D98A0
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) frame 7: sp = 0x255D650, pc = 0x4F6CC0
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) frame 8: sp = 0x255F3B0, pc = 0x4015BE
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) frame 9: sp = 0x255F524, pc = 0x1000C0EA
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) frame 10: sp = 0x255FF94, pc = 0x1000C0FB
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) frame 11: sp = 0x255FFA0, pc = 0x5343C9
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) frame 12: sp = 0x255FFB0, pc = 0x40103B
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) frame 13: sp = 0x255FFC0, pc = 0x77F1AFC1
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) frame 14: sp = 0x255FFF0, pc = 0x0
>(C:\PAROS\paros.exe 1003) End of stack trace
-- 
http://www.bbc.com/	[email-masked]			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".