Subject: Re: linking problems
From: [email-masked] ("Wei Ku")

30 Jun 1997 06:47:58 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_01BC8533.CEF63700"
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.71.0544.0
Original-To: "gnu mailing list" <[email-masked]>,
        "Berenice LOPEZ" <[email-masked]>
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE Engine V4.71.0544.0
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_01BC8533.CEF63700
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

>    g++ -lm -o Projet ($Objects) -lg++
Could it be possible that you include '-lg++' in the command line ? The =
g++ library is included by default if g++ is used instead of gcc.
Sincerely,
Wei Ku

***************************************
Department of Physics and Astronomy
The University of Tennessee
1408 Circle Drive
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996-1200
[email-masked]
---------------------------------------
Solid State Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
P.O.Box 2008
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6032
Phone: (423) 574-5795
Fax: (423) 574-4143
[email-masked]
***************************************

 ----
From: Berenice LOPEZ <[email-masked]>
To: gnu mailing list <[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, June 27, 1997 11:34 AM
Subject: linking problems

    Hi!
    I've been trying to get my software compiling under Windows NT 4.0 =
with gnu-win32. It has been a hard war between me and the linker... I've =
read all the mails in this list (since I have found) and I haven't saw =
something like this.
    This is the message I got everytime I link usig:
    (in the makefile I have this command to link after successfully =
compiling)
    g++ -lm -o Projet ($Objects) -lg++
    (and the answer....)
  g++ -lm -o Paros test.o ego.o droite.o cercle.o plan.o cylindre.o
aplomb.o ada3d.o entite.o base.o fut.o chapito.o architra.o  frise.o  =
corniche.o
 fronton.o podium.o  mur.o baie.o couverture.o franchissement.o =
attribut.o matri
ce.o message.o point.o primit.o polyedres.o referent.o support.o =
deltaz.o reseau
..o str.o icop_y_t.o icop_l.o demarc_l.o demarc_y.o -lg++
icop_l.o(.data+0x0):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_matrice'
test.o(.data+0x0):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0xc):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_idtest'
test.o(.data+0xc):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0x24):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of =
`D_idtest_nondecl'
test.o(.data+0x24):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0x3c):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_idtest_num'
test.o(.data+0x3c):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0x5dfc):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_listeIdent'
test.o(.data+0x5dfc):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbbc):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_nbIdent'
test.o(.data+0xbbbc):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.text+0x1e90):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `global =
destructors key
ed to D_matrice'
test.o(.text+0x6d8):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.text+0x2068):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `global =
constructors ke
yed to D_matrice'
test.o(.text+0x94c):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbc0):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of =
`D_nbIdent_instruction'
test.o(.data+0xd474):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbc4):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of =
`D_typeEntiteLu'
test.o(.data+0xd478):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbc8):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of =
`D_typeReseauLu'
test.o(.data+0xd47c):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbcc):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of =
`result_expr_facul'
test.o(.data+0xd480):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbd4):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `reseauL'
test.o(.data+0xd488):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbd8):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of =
`module_a_sauver'
test.o(.data+0xd48c):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0x0):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `D_matrice'
test.o(.data+0x0):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0xc):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `D_idtest'
test.o(.data+0xc):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0x24):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of =
`D_idtest_nondecl'
test.o(.data+0x24):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0x3c):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of =
`D_idtest_num'
test.o(.data+0x3c):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0x5dfc):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of =
`D_listeIdent'
test.o(.data+0x5dfc):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbbc):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `D_nbIdent'
test.o(.data+0xbbbc):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbd8):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of =
`module_a_sauver'
test.o(.data+0xd48c):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbd4):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `reseauL'
test.o(.data+0xd488):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbc0):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of =
`D_nbIdent_instruct
ion'
test.o(.data+0xd474):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbcc):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of =
`result_expr_facul'
test.o(.data+0xd480):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbc4):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of =
`D_typeEntiteLu'
test.o(.data+0xd478):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.text+0x1626c):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `global =
destructor
s keyed to D_matrice'
test.o(.text+0x6d8):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.text+0x16448):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `global =
constructo
rs keyed to D_matrice'
test.o(.text+0x94c):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbc8):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of =
`D_typeReseauLu'
test.o(.data+0xd47c):test.cc: first defined here
g++: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 1
make: *** [Paros] Error 1
    This program is succesfully linked in SOLARIS and SGI....
    Also I would like to know if malloc.h is available ou how can I use =
the malloc()?
    Can anyone help me?

                                                Thanks a lot!

                                                                        =
Berenice LOPEZ

------=_NextPart_000_01BC8533.CEF63700
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<HTML><META content=3D'"Trident 4.71.0544.0"' name=3DGENERATOR>

</HEAD>
<BODY>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT size=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; g++ =
-lm -o Projet=20
($Objects) -lg++</FONT></FONT>

<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT size=3D2>Could it be possible that =
you include=20
'-lg++' in the command line ? The g++ library is included by default if =
g++ is=20
used instead of gcc.</FONT></FONT>

<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT size=3D2>Sincerely,<BR>
Wei Ku<BR>
<BR>
***************************************<BR>
Department of Physics and Astronomy<BR>
The University of Tennessee<BR>
1408 Circle Drive<BR>
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996-1200<BR>
<A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A><BR>=

---------------------------------------<BR>
Solid State Division<BR>
Oak Ridge National Laboratory<BR>
P.O.Box 2008<BR>
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6032<BR>
Phone: (423) 574-5795<BR>
Fax: (423) 574-4143<BR>
<A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A><BR>=

***************************************<BR>
</FONT>

<P></P>
 ----<BR>
<B>From: </B>Berenice LOPEZ &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<BR>
<B>To: </B>gnu mailing list &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<BR>
<B>Date: </B>Friday, June 27, 1997 11:34 AM<BR>
<B>Subject: </B>linking problems<BR>
<BR>
<HTML>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hi!<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I've been trying to get my software compiling under =
Windows=20
NT 4.0 with gnu-win32. It has been a hard war between me and the =
linker... I've=20
read all the mails in this list (since I have found) and I haven't saw =
something=20
like this.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This is the message I got everytime I link usig:

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (in the makefile I have this command to link after =

successfully compiling)

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; g++ -lm -o Projet ($Objects) -lg++

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (and the answer....)

<P>&nbsp; g++ -lm -o Paros test.o ego.o droite.o cercle.o plan.o =
cylindre.o<BR>
aplomb.o ada3d.o entite.o base.o fut.o chapito.o architra.o&nbsp; =
frise.o&nbsp;=20
corniche.o<BR>
&nbsp;fronton.o podium.o&nbsp; mur.o baie.o couverture.o =
franchissement.o=20
attribut.o matri<BR>
ce.o message.o point.o primit.o polyedres.o referent.o support.o =
deltaz.o=20
reseau<BR>
..o str.o icop_y_t.o icop_l.o demarc_l.o demarc_y.o -lg++<BR>
icop_l.o(.data+0x0):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_matrice'<BR>
test.o(.data+0x0):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
icop_l.o(.data+0xc):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_idtest'<BR>
test.o(.data+0xc):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
icop_l.o(.data+0x24):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of =
`D_idtest_nondecl'<BR>
test.o(.data+0x24):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
icop_l.o(.data+0x3c):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of =
`D_idtest_num'<BR>
test.o(.data+0x3c):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
icop_l.o(.data+0x5dfc):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of =
`D_listeIdent'<BR>
test.o(.data+0x5dfc):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbbc):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_nbIdent'<BR>
test.o(.data+0xbbbc):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
icop_l.o(.text+0x1e90):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `global =
destructors=20
key<BR>
ed to D_matrice'<BR>
test.o(.text+0x6d8):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
icop_l.o(.text+0x2068):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `global =
constructors=20
ke<BR>
yed to D_matrice'<BR>
test.o(.text+0x94c):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbc0):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of =
`D_nbIdent_instruction'

<P>test.o(.data+0xd474):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbc4):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of =
`D_typeEntiteLu'<BR>
test.o(.data+0xd478):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbc8):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of =
`D_typeReseauLu'<BR>
test.o(.data+0xd47c):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbcc):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of =
`result_expr_facul'<BR>
test.o(.data+0xd480):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbd4):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `reseauL'<BR>
test.o(.data+0xd488):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbd8):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of =
`module_a_sauver'<BR>
test.o(.data+0xd48c):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
demarc_y.o(.data+0x0):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of =
`D_matrice'<BR>
test.o(.data+0x0):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
demarc_y.o(.data+0xc):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `D_idtest'<BR>
test.o(.data+0xc):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
demarc_y.o(.data+0x24):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of=20
`D_idtest_nondecl'<BR>
test.o(.data+0x24):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
demarc_y.o(.data+0x3c):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of =
`D_idtest_num'<BR>
test.o(.data+0x3c):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
demarc_y.o(.data+0x5dfc):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of =
`D_listeIdent'<BR>
test.o(.data+0x5dfc):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbbc):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of =
`D_nbIdent'<BR>
test.o(.data+0xbbbc):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbd8):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of=20
`module_a_sauver'<BR>
test.o(.data+0xd48c):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbd4):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of =
`reseauL'<BR>
test.o(.data+0xd488):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbc0):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of=20
`D_nbIdent_instruct<BR>
ion'<BR>
test.o(.data+0xd474):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbcc):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of =
`result_expr_facul'

<P>test.o(.data+0xd480):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbc4):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of=20
`D_typeEntiteLu'<BR>
test.o(.data+0xd478):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
demarc_y.o(.text+0x1626c):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `global=20
destructor<BR>
s keyed to D_matrice'<BR>
test.o(.text+0x6d8):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
demarc_y.o(.text+0x16448):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `global=20
constructo<BR>
rs keyed to D_matrice'<BR>
test.o(.text+0x94c):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbc8):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of=20
`D_typeReseauLu'<BR>
test.o(.data+0xd47c):test.cc: first defined here<BR>
g++: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 1<BR>
make: *** [Paros] Error 1

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This program is succesfully linked in SOLARIS and=20
SGI....<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Also I would like to know if <B><I>malloc.h</I></B> =
is=20
available ou how can I use the malloc()?<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Can anyone help me?<BR>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Thanks a lot!<BR>
<BR>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Berenice LOPEZ</FONT></P>

</BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01BC8533.CEF63700--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".