Subject: Re: djgpp-v2 ls.exe
From: [email-masked] (Eli Zaretskii)

29 Jun 1997 06:50:04 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.970629154424.20395G-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@is>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
X-Sender: eliz@is
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

On Fri, 27 Jun 1997, Bill Hogan wrote:

> H:\gonzo\test-dj2-ls-bug>e:\djgpp-v2\bin\ls -R
> =================== quote ========================================
> Try_ls-R_in_this_directory  a
> 
> e:/djgpp-v2/bin/ls: aupper_directory_A: No such file or directory (ENOENT)
> e:/djgpp-v2/bin/ls: az: No such file or directory (ENOENT)
> a:

Please always say which version of Fileutils did you use.  (Invoke
`ls' with `--version' option to see that.)  It also helps to know the
size and timestamp of your `ls.exe', since sometimes fixed binary
distributions are uploaded to SimTel.NET which correct known bugs.

If your version of Fileutils is 3.12, please upgrade to 3.16.  The
original release of the 3.12 port had a bug in the DOS-specific code
which made it fail with one-letter directories (but even 3.12 was
fixed by an updated binary distribution a few months ago, which you
probably missed).
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".