Subject: Re: MAKE.EXE: /bin/sh: Command not found
From: [email-masked] (Russell Montgomery)

27 Jun 1997 10:24:44 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.01 [en] (Win95; U)
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

James Paul Morgan wrote:
> I've even tried remounting '/' as E:\ or as some subdirectory, but mount
> always gives me a "Mount failed:  Device or resource busy."

The work around I stumbled onto for this situation is to use REGEDIT. 
(Don't forget to backup the registry before doing any editing!)  The
mount points are stored under 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Cygnus
Solutions/CYGWIN32.DLL.setup/b15.0/mounts/??.  (I just use search and
look for Cygnus and then start expanding the tree down from there) I
have noticed that root always seems to be the last mount point.  If it's
not there then look in the others (00, 01, 02, ...)  In the right window
you will see the Name 'native' and under Data you will see the root path
(C:\)  Right click on native and choose modify.  Put in the appropriate
directory path (I use H:/gnuwin32) and choose OK.  Root has now been
changed and everything must be off that point.

There might be an easier way but I haven't found it yet.

Good luck!
-- 
Russell Montgomery
Austin, Texas
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".