Subject: Re: MAKE.EXE: /bin/sh: Command not found
From: [email-masked] (James Paul Morgan)

27 Jun 1997 08:13:06 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Original-cc: John E Hein <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

On Fri, 27 Jun 1997, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> > I run under Win'95 as well, and have not found any way around this.  
> > Even if sh.exe is somewhere else on the path, make looks for it in /bin.
>   ^^^^^^^
> That's grand, isn't it?  We call it something like "basic security stuff".
> 

Well, the "basic security stuff" might be great for you admin types, but
as I only use the Cygnus stuff at home for personal and school projects,
it's annoying to have to have certain of my files on C:\, which is the
drive I use for the business, while all of the rest of my coding files are
over on E:\, which is the drive I use for such things. 

I've even tried remounting '/' as E:\ or as some subdirectory, but mount
always gives me a "Mount failed:  Device or resource busy." 

See ya around the Mulberry bush.

--James

:)

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".