Subject: linking problems
From: [email-masked] (Berenice LOPEZ)

27 Jun 1997 02:49:35 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="------------0137B816852BBBC2BDE6AB60"
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.0b5 [en] (WinNT; I)
Original-To: gnu mailing list <[email-masked]>
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

--------------0137B816852BBBC2BDE6AB60
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

    Hi!
    I've been trying to get my software compiling under Windows NT 4.0
with gnu-win32. It has been a hard war between me and the linker... I've
read all the mails in this list (since I have found) and I haven't saw
something like this.
    This is the message I got everytime I link usig:

    (in the makefile I have this command to link after successfully
compiling)

    g++ -lm -o Projet ($Objects) -lg++

    (and the answer....)

  g++ -lm -o Paros test.o ego.o droite.o cercle.o plan.o cylindre.o
aplomb.o ada3d.o entite.o base.o fut.o chapito.o architra.o  frise.o
corniche.o
 fronton.o podium.o  mur.o baie.o couverture.o franchissement.o
attribut.o matri
ce.o message.o point.o primit.o polyedres.o referent.o support.o
deltaz.o reseau
..o str.o icop_y_t.o icop_l.o demarc_l.o demarc_y.o -lg++
icop_l.o(.data+0x0):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_matrice'
test.o(.data+0x0):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0xc):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_idtest'
test.o(.data+0xc):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0x24):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of
`D_idtest_nondecl'
test.o(.data+0x24):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0x3c):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_idtest_num'
test.o(.data+0x3c):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0x5dfc):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_listeIdent'
test.o(.data+0x5dfc):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbbc):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_nbIdent'
test.o(.data+0xbbbc):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.text+0x1e90):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `global
destructors key
ed to D_matrice'
test.o(.text+0x6d8):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.text+0x2068):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `global
constructors ke
yed to D_matrice'
test.o(.text+0x94c):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbc0):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of
`D_nbIdent_instruction'

test.o(.data+0xd474):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbc4):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of
`D_typeEntiteLu'
test.o(.data+0xd478):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbc8):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of
`D_typeReseauLu'
test.o(.data+0xd47c):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbcc):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of
`result_expr_facul'
test.o(.data+0xd480):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbd4):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `reseauL'
test.o(.data+0xd488):test.cc: first defined here
icop_l.o(.data+0xbbd8):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of
`module_a_sauver'
test.o(.data+0xd48c):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0x0):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `D_matrice'
test.o(.data+0x0):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0xc):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `D_idtest'
test.o(.data+0xc):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0x24):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of
`D_idtest_nondecl'
test.o(.data+0x24):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0x3c):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of
`D_idtest_num'
test.o(.data+0x3c):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0x5dfc):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of
`D_listeIdent'
test.o(.data+0x5dfc):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbbc):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `D_nbIdent'

test.o(.data+0xbbbc):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbd8):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of
`module_a_sauver'
test.o(.data+0xd48c):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbd4):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `reseauL'
test.o(.data+0xd488):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbc0):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of
`D_nbIdent_instruct
ion'
test.o(.data+0xd474):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbcc):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of
`result_expr_facul'

test.o(.data+0xd480):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbc4):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of
`D_typeEntiteLu'
test.o(.data+0xd478):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.text+0x1626c):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `global
destructor
s keyed to D_matrice'
test.o(.text+0x6d8):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.text+0x16448):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `global
constructo
rs keyed to D_matrice'
test.o(.text+0x94c):test.cc: first defined here
demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbc8):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of
`D_typeReseauLu'
test.o(.data+0xd47c):test.cc: first defined here
g++: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 1
make: *** [Paros] Error 1

    This program is succesfully linked in SOLARIS and SGI....
    Also I would like to know if malloc.h is available ou how can I use
the malloc()?
    Can anyone help me?

                                                Thanks a lot!

Berenice LOPEZ

--------------0137B816852BBBC2BDE6AB60
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<HTML>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hi!
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I've been trying to get my software compiling under
Windows NT 4.0 with gnu-win32. It has been a hard war between me and the
linker... I've read all the mails in this list (since I have found) and
I haven't saw something like this.
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This is the message I got everytime I link usig:

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (in the makefile I have this command to link after
successfully compiling)

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; g++ -lm -o Projet ($Objects) -lg++

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (and the answer....)

<P>&nbsp; g++ -lm -o Paros test.o ego.o droite.o cercle.o plan.o cylindre.o
<BR>aplomb.o ada3d.o entite.o base.o fut.o chapito.o architra.o&nbsp; frise.o&nbsp;
corniche.o
<BR>&nbsp;fronton.o podium.o&nbsp; mur.o baie.o couverture.o franchissement.o
attribut.o matri
<BR>ce.o message.o point.o primit.o polyedres.o referent.o support.o deltaz.o
reseau
<BR>.o str.o icop_y_t.o icop_l.o demarc_l.o demarc_y.o -lg++
<BR>icop_l.o(.data+0x0):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_matrice'
<BR>test.o(.data+0x0):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>icop_l.o(.data+0xc):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_idtest'
<BR>test.o(.data+0xc):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>icop_l.o(.data+0x24):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_idtest_nondecl'
<BR>test.o(.data+0x24):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>icop_l.o(.data+0x3c):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_idtest_num'
<BR>test.o(.data+0x3c):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>icop_l.o(.data+0x5dfc):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_listeIdent'
<BR>test.o(.data+0x5dfc):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>icop_l.o(.data+0xbbbc):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_nbIdent'
<BR>test.o(.data+0xbbbc):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>icop_l.o(.text+0x1e90):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `global destructors
key
<BR>ed to D_matrice'
<BR>test.o(.text+0x6d8):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>icop_l.o(.text+0x2068):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `global constructors
ke
<BR>yed to D_matrice'
<BR>test.o(.text+0x94c):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>icop_l.o(.data+0xbbc0):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_nbIdent_instruction'

<P>test.o(.data+0xd474):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>icop_l.o(.data+0xbbc4):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_typeEntiteLu'
<BR>test.o(.data+0xd478):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>icop_l.o(.data+0xbbc8):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `D_typeReseauLu'
<BR>test.o(.data+0xd47c):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>icop_l.o(.data+0xbbcc):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `result_expr_facul'
<BR>test.o(.data+0xd480):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>icop_l.o(.data+0xbbd4):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `reseauL'
<BR>test.o(.data+0xd488):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>icop_l.o(.data+0xbbd8):icop_l.cc: multiple definition of `module_a_sauver'
<BR>test.o(.data+0xd48c):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>demarc_y.o(.data+0x0):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `D_matrice'
<BR>test.o(.data+0x0):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>demarc_y.o(.data+0xc):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `D_idtest'
<BR>test.o(.data+0xc):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>demarc_y.o(.data+0x24):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `D_idtest_nondecl'
<BR>test.o(.data+0x24):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>demarc_y.o(.data+0x3c):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `D_idtest_num'
<BR>test.o(.data+0x3c):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>demarc_y.o(.data+0x5dfc):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `D_listeIdent'
<BR>test.o(.data+0x5dfc):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbbc):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `D_nbIdent'
<BR>test.o(.data+0xbbbc):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbd8):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `module_a_sauver'
<BR>test.o(.data+0xd48c):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbd4):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `reseauL'
<BR>test.o(.data+0xd488):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbc0):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `D_nbIdent_instruct
<BR>ion'
<BR>test.o(.data+0xd474):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbcc):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `result_expr_facul'

<P>test.o(.data+0xd480):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbc4):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `D_typeEntiteLu'
<BR>test.o(.data+0xd478):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>demarc_y.o(.text+0x1626c):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `global
destructor
<BR>s keyed to D_matrice'
<BR>test.o(.text+0x6d8):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>demarc_y.o(.text+0x16448):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `global
constructo
<BR>rs keyed to D_matrice'
<BR>test.o(.text+0x94c):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>demarc_y.o(.data+0xbbc8):demarc_y.cc: multiple definition of `D_typeReseauLu'
<BR>test.o(.data+0xd47c):test.cc: first defined here
<BR>g++: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 1
<BR>make: *** [Paros] Error 1

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This program is succesfully linked in SOLARIS and
SGI....
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Also I would like to know if <B><I>malloc.h</I></B>
is available ou how can I use the malloc()?
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Can anyone help me?
<BR>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Thanks a lot!
<BR>
<BR>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Berenice LOPEZ</HTML>

--------------0137B816852BBBC2BDE6AB60--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".