Subject: problems starting gnu commands remotely
From: [email-masked] (Thomas Vetter)

27 Jun 1997 02:12:17 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
X-Sun-Charset: US-ASCII
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

I have just installed gnuwin32 on a winnt 4.0 system to port my unix sources to nt.
My sources are located on a unix system (sun solaris). To access the sources from
nt I use samba. I created links on nt to get the same directory structure as 
in our Unix environment 
To administrate my sources I have an own development kit based on a lot of
csh scripts using sccs and gcc. To compile a source a script will be created on the
unix system which will be started on the destination system (nt) using rsh.
Therefore I use a rshd for nt. The compiling sequence works for about 3-5 times ok.
But then the remote on the nt system started script aborts and the 
following error message appears in a window on the screen of the nt system:

	The Application can't be initialized correct (0x0000022). 
	          Press 'OK' to finish the Application

In the DOS-Window where I had started the rshd by hand the following message appeared :

	fork_helper: child died before initialisation with win32 error 128

This happens for every gnu-application started remotely by a batch-job (gcc,ar,mv,...).
Starting standard programs and commands from nt (cd,dir,...) by a batch-job via rsh the
error doesn't occure. So I think the problem isn't the rshd (... I tested several ones).
The problem seems to be the gnu commands or the workaround where they are started.

Reading the mailing list archives I didn't find a description for this problem.
Is there anybody who can help me solving this problem ?

Thomas

Thomas Vetter ([email-masked] or http://thomasvetter.aat-f.aeg-f.de)
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".