Subject: gettimeofday() / insque()/remque() functions
From: [email-masked] (Michael Callahan)

26 Jun 1997 14:12:01 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
X-Sender: [email-masked]
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I've just started using Cygwin32 and am certainly very grateful to
everyone who worked on it.

A couple libc issues I've noticed:

  - gettimeofday() returns 1 on success; traditionally, imho, it has
    returned 0 on success and -1 on error.  

  - insque()/remque() and struct qelem are nowhere to be found (in
    particular, not in stdlib.h).

I'm not a libc lawyer, so I don't know if these are problems with cygwin32
or if the code I have that relies on these assumptions is itself faulty. 
Since the code I'm working with is a large system that does successfully
run on late-80s vintage BSD (in the form of Mach), and BSD44 variants, and
Linux, it would be nice for Cygwin32 to give a smooth path as well.

I've also seen some odd behavior with the tools.

  - my bash cannot do path completion beyond the first component: e.g
		cd GNU<press tab>
	-->	cd GNUwin32/<type b>
	-->     cd GNUwin32/b<press tab>
	-->     cd GNUwin32/b   (no change)

  - CPP seems to get confused if relative paths are used in header files
    sometimes  (sorry, I'll try to make a simple test case--I'm just
    mentioning this in case there is an obvious misstep I might have made)

If these problems are likely due to my misconfiguration, please let me
know.

Michael

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".