Subject: SIGINT or CTRL-C of make on b18
From: [email-masked] (Greg Spencer)

26 Jun 1997 13:22:35 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.0Gold (X11; U; IRIX 6.3 IP32)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I've been using the cygnus tools pretty extensively as a build
environment, but the biggest problem I've had all along is being able
to stop a make process once it's started.

With b18, signals have improved incredibly, but the problem with
stopping make remains (although it's much cleaner than it used to be!).

Hitting ctrl-c inside bash causes make to go into an infinite loop.  I
can then kill it from the task manager, but if I have a recursive make
in progress, I have to kill off the right one before I can get my prompt
back (which does seem to propagate the KILL signal to the child
processes too -- they're not hanging around anymore).

Any idea if this problem with make is a known one that will be fixed in
the next release?  I've searched through the mail archives of the last
two months, and I didn't see anything that seemed relevant.

Any ideas for workarounds in the meantime (maybe a way of setting up
bash to map ctrl-c to a different signal)?

			-Greg.

P.S. I'm running b18 on NT 4.00.1381
-- 
Greg Spencer, Software Engineer 
Cosmo Software, A Silicon Graphics Company
mailto:[email-masked]
http://reality.sgi.com/gspencer/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".