Subject: using VC++ libs with gnuwin g++ ?
From: [email-masked] (Ulrich Lauther)

26 Jun 1997 03:38:31 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4ME+ PL28s (25)]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I tried to link my gnuwin-generated .o files with static tcl/tk libs that I
compiled with VC 5.0.

I get lots of warnings
 [part of path deleted]/ld: /dos/tcltk/tk42n.lib(./Release/tkWindow.obj): warning:
 ignoring duplicate section `.text' 

and error messages:
C:\Src\Tcl7.6\:563: undefined reference to `errno'
/dos/tcltk/tcl76n.lib(./Debug/tclWinFCmd.obj): In function `TraverseWinTree':
C:\Src\Tcl7.6\:496: undefined reference to `_imp__GetFileAttributesA@4'
C:\Src\Tcl7.6\:521: undefined reference to `_imp__FindFirstFileA@8'
C:\Src\Tcl7.6\:528: undefined reference to `_imp__GetLastError@0'
C:\Src\Tcl7.6\:535: undefined reference to `_imp__FindClose@4'
C:\Src\Tcl7.6\:573: undefined reference to `_imp__FindNextFileA@8'
C:\Src\Tcl7.6\:577: undefined reference to `_imp__FindClose@4'   

Questions:

are the duplicate .text section warnings harmful?

To get rid of the undefined references, do I have to include some gnuwin32 libs,
or should I use libs from VC++?

Is what I am trying to do feasible at all?

And a related question:
Has somebody compiled static tcl/tk libs under gnuwin32?

	-ulrich

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ulrich Lauther          ph: +49 89 636 48834 fx: ... 636 42284
Siemens ZT AN 1         Internet: [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".