Subject: Basic porting question
From: [email-masked] ("Sven N. Thommesen")

25 Jun 1997 19:39:15 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0 (32)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Forgive a newbie's question -- but I've just been made aware of the
existence of gnu-win32, and I'd like to find out exactly what I can and
cannot do with it. So:

(1) given that I have an application currently running under Linux, can I:
(a) compile it under Linux with gnu-win32 libraries and produce a Win32
executable, or must I:
(b) move my source code to Win95 or WinNT, and compile it there ?

(2) the application is written in Objective-C -- is this part of gcc
supported?

(3) the application uses not only Tcl but also Tk and BLT. Will the need
for Tk and BLT present a problem for a porting project?

(4) is the linux dependence on X 'magically' transformed into Win32 GUI
calls, or are X libraries required?

Grateful for someone's 2 cents' worth!

Sven Thommesen
Auburn University

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".