Subject: The DOS CR/LF thing?
From: [email-masked] (Gill Watt)

24 Jun 1997 07:12:49 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 3.0.1 (32)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

From the GNU win32 FAQ:

> How is the DOS/Unix CR/LF thing handled?

> By default, tools that deal with binaries (e.g. objdump) operate in 
> unix binary mode and tools that deal with text files (e.g. bash) 
> operate in text mode. 

> You can enable the DOS CR/LF end of line in a text file mode by setting 
> fmode_binary setting in the registry to 0. I've tried to keep the file 
> types 'natural'. By default a file is opened in text mode. This can be 
> changed by adding O_BINARY to the second argument of an open call, or 
> "b" to second argument of an fopen call. 

> lseek now only works in binary mode. 

Can someone please provide with more information about "setting fmode_binary 
in the registry to 0"?  I've looked in a lot of places and haven't found
a reference to it anywhere except in the FAQ.

Thank you very much for your help.

-Gill

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".