Subject: Re: xdvi linking problems.
From: [email-masked] (Hmmmz)

21 Jun 1997 22:37:36 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <Pine.SGI.3.95q.970622000504.26728A-100000@maigret>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

On Sun, 22 Jun 1997, David Ascher wrote:

> Hi all.
> 
> I have a question which I hope you can help with -- I'm trying to build
> xdvi on gnuwin/b18.  I've installed sergey's X11 dll's, but the Makefile
> is looking for the good ole' libX11.a, not libX11.dll -- how can I either
> get a .a from a .dll, or alternatively tell gcc to link with the .dll? 
> 
> Thanks for any help.
> 
> --david

You need to make a .a library from the .dll, basically follow the
applicable directions from the part of the gnu-win32 web page that shows
you how to make non reallocatable dlls.  If that doesn't make too much
sense, email me privately.

- alex

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".