Subject: Re: McAfee VirusScan
From: [email-masked] ("Robert Morrison")

20 Jun 1997 13:53:43 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
Comments: Authenticated sender is <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-reply-to: <[email-masked]>
X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Win32 (v2.53/R1)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

On 19 Jun 97 at 23:33, James Paul Morgan wrote:

> whatever, it's just a macro that is automatically run when you load MS
> Word and can only manipulate within the confines of Word?  

Don't think that makes you safe; WordBasic includes a function
that allows you to get directories (FileFind); you can then open
any file for writing, thus truncating it. WordBasic can also
get a list of other apps running, and talk to them via DDE.
And I'm sure there are plenty of other ways a clever person 
could use WordBasic to cause you pain.

> your statement doesn't
> counter the statement that there are no Windows NT viruses.
Even if that statement were true, it doesn't mean that there
won't be any tomorrow.

Yours safely,
Robert
 
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".