Subject: Re: GNU Win32 X11R6.3 Binary Libraries
From: [email-masked] (Arlindo da Silva)

19 Jun 1997 06:57:58 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked] (David Wall)
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]> from "David Wall" at Jun 19, 97 10:16:19 pm
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL21]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

David,

> 
> Dear  Arlindo,
> 
> I really do not wish to bother you but as you put the libaries on the 
> internet.
> 
> I have the server
>     http://www.starnet.com/xwin32.html
> put I cannot see now for example that the X11 windowed program
>  tetris
> can connect to the xwindow server. I really want to use set up an XDM 
> demon on   GNU Win32 but I cannot see how to!
> 

I had some problems with the starnet server myself. A few 
suggestions/questions:

0) On win95 and b18, make sure you install Sergey's patch from
    b18-patch/

1) Make sure the win32 server is up: you must see a dialog box saying this
   is a demo, etc... Sometimes it takes 3 attempts for it to come up
   for me. And it may take some time for the client to connect to
   it.

2) Try a simple client first such as xclock or xlogo; make sure you
    have set DISPLAY=localhost:0.0

3) Try the MI/X server; it is uggly but has worked more reliably
   for me.

I have tested tetris with the starnet server on my win95, using the
b18 version with Sergey's patch.

  I hope this helps.

      Arlindo.

-- 

   *-----------------------------------------------------------------*
   |                                                                 |
   |             ^|^                     ARLINDO DA SILVA            |
   |              |                     212 Lexington Drive          |
   |             _|_                  Silver Spring, MD 20901        |
   |      @  ___|___|__                                              |
   |     _|_|__________|_______/    mailto://[email-masked]    |
   |    \  o o o o o o o  /                                          |
   |     \_______________/            Home: (301) 754-1121           |
   |  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^         FAX: (301) 805-7959           |
   |                                                                 |
   *-----------------------------------------------------------------*

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".