Subject: SHMEM on Win32/Cygnus
From: [email-masked] (Alistair McEwan)

19 Jun 1997 01:46:58 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

I hope I havent posted this too far out of context, and no-one is
offended if I have!

I am about to start porting some code to WinNT (from Unix), which has
two versions; one using sockets, and one which uses System V SHMEM.

For the sockets version, I am going to use GnuWin32 Sockets; from all
reports I have heard this should be far more straightforward than
trying to work around Winsock (although I am saying this without
experience of Winsock).

My problem is with the SHMEM version.  I suspect I will find the
process management easier using GnuWin32 (forks etc), but I dont know
what interface is offered for SHMEM communictaions.  Is there any
provision for this within GnuWin32; or if not can anyone offer me some
pointers/advice to places to look?

Any help offered would be greatly appreciated!

Alistair

-- 
________________________________________________
Oxford University Computing Laboratory
[email-masked]  +44 1865 273846
http://www.comlab.ox.ac.uk/oucl/people/alistair.mcewan.html
------------------------------------------------
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".